Sep 17, 2009

On the Road Again

After a well spent, summer, I once again opted for adventure instead of school. Sort of. At the end of last year I decided to go on a special abroad program that CGS--the department I'm currently enrolled in at Boston University--offers in London. It's a semester long study abroad in which I take all the same core classes I would be in Boston, plus a couple electives. At first, when I heard about the program, what I was potentially being offered didn't exactly register. In part because I was in (or was trying to be) in Take-A-Chill-Pill-None-Travel-Focus-On-School-Stay-Still-In-One-Place-And-Study-Mode, and also because 90% of the "opportunities" Universities throw at you (which are constant on a daily basis) are either ineffectual or simply not worth the price. Luckily, I came around and actually recognized what a great opportunity I was being given to travel and live in another country. Not only that but for European weekend travel, London is not a bad place to start. 
                                      

So there I am above with all my overweight luggage--per usual--in the back of cab on my way from Heathrow to London's South Kensington. My very first picture of the trip.
well that's not entirely true...the man trying to sleep with the blanket over his head was actually the first.